Saturday, May 30, 2009

Things I'll Miss About St. Louis

So it's t-minus one month untill I move from St. Louis back to California, and I am so incredibly happy to be moving home. When I moved here I never thought I would stay past a few years, I always new that I would make my permanent place in the world back in California. But I never thought that I would make such a great life for myself in St. Louis. It's not that I regret my decision to move back, or even that I am rethinking it; but there are so many things that I will miss about this place.

Today while at dinner with my family I saw this group of four women in their late 50's early 60's. They all had leis on and one had a ballon that said "Happy Birthday". As we walked by them I turned to my sister and said, "I hope I have that when I'm old". She said, with no pause, "you have that here, now but you are leaving them" and then she laughed. I realized that I do, and it made me sad. I have a great group of friends here and I can't remember the last time I had that. I've always had one or two best friends but never a solid group. So in honor of them I am making my "What I will miss about St. Louis" list!

1) My friends (Especially Jenn and Steph, you guys are my Samantha and Charolette!)
2) Low rent: I only pay $550 for my HUGE 1 bedroom
3) My job: I love where I work no matter how frustrating it is
4) Quick Trip: The world's BEST gas station, with crushed ice and about 20 different sodas
5) Bao mi Sao: The best spring rolls I have ever had!
6) Kickball in Tower Grove Park: At least I have found a league to join in San Fran
7) Emily's skills: The best hairdresser I have ever had, my hair will not look as good without her!
8) STL Police: They are too busy catching rapists and murders to ever give tickets
9) Architecture: Everything here is made out of brick, its beautiful
10) Snow: Not ice but snow, it just makes it feel more like winter
11) Irish pubs: Never been somewhere outside of the UK that has so many
12) Parks: STL has some of the most beautiful parks in the country
13) Mardi Gras: Second biggest in the country
14) Hoosiers: For the rest of you that's white trash, there is so many here to make fun of!
15) City Diner: Open 24 hours and great after a drunken night
16) Hartford Cafe: A block away, great coffee, local musicians, welcoming staff
17) Vintage Habardash: Always has the cutest vintage accessories
18) Have I said my friends... because that is what I will miss the most!

I am still so incredibly excited to move and be close to my family and all my Cali friends I was so sad to leave two years ago; but I am now realizing that the place I use to make so much fun of is really not such a bad place to live. I'll miss you STL, but Cali I'm coming home!

No comments:

Post a Comment